Wednesday 12 January 2011

Monkeyshines

For those wondering, the word Monkeyshines means Shenanigans.

I keep meaning for this blog to be one of those updated regularly things, but so far, it's not looking promising. I seem to get sidetracked, but I'm not sure with what I get sidetracked. But since I'm talking to Jennie about it atm, I should probably do it.

Aaaanyways. Good news! I got a stable install of Linux on my desktop PC (Kubuntu 6.10) and a stable install on a virtual machine on my laptop (Kubuntu 6.06). On both, I can force write speeds at 1x, which is essentially all of my previous problems solved. Oh, except the thing about not being able to play Spyro 2, which was the whole reason for doing it. It seems that I can't buy 1x write media (discs that support write speeds of 1x) anymore. Sadface.

However, this isn't a problem. Because I have EVEN BETTER NEWS! I went to visit my friend yesterday (that's not the news, though it made me pretty happy) and upon arriving, he presented me with a disc box. A PlayStation disc box. A Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer disc box. With the disc inside.

I'm still looking for 1x write media, purely so that I can say that I have succeeded in my ridiculously long-winded attempt at playing my favourite game of all time. Why do I need to do this? It's probably for some stupid self-reassurance or something, but in a nutshell, I don't know why I need to. I'm crazy.

I only got the game yesterday, but since I've been plagued with recurring nightmares recently, I've been largely unable to sleep, so kinda lost track of time last night playing it. I'm almost at the end of the game. It's been a beautiful time. I've missed this game so much, it actually gives me a lump in my throat. Ever had a massive part of your childhood that was always unfinished, and then you find it years later and make it your mission to finish it? This is one of those things.

Anyway, I don't really think anything much else has happened, so I'm gonna leave it with this:

"I'm not into working out. My philosophy on exercise? No pain, no pain."

1 comment:

Like it? Don't like it? Agree with it? Disagree with it? Well, here's a little drop-box for your views.